The arc object is a BZW object that defines an arc or cylinder in the game arena.
To place an arc into your map file, the following template is suggested:
arc name example_arc divisions 16 flatshading angle 360 ratio 1 position 0 0 0 rotation 0 size 10 10 10 shift 0 0 0 shear 0 0 0 scale 1 1 1 spin angle nx ny nz phydrv physics_driver_name smoothbounce matref material end
Valid parameters for an arc are
- name: defines the name of arc, often unused
- divisions: defines the number of subdivisions in the arc
- flatshading: defines the use of flat shading, smooth is the default
- angle: defines the sweep of the arc, 360 indicates a full circle
- ratio: defines the ratio to make a hollow arc, the parameter is (outrad - inrad) / outrad.
- position: defines the position of the arc in X-pos, Y-pos and the height of the arc in Z.
- rotation: defines a rotation around the Z axis for the arc, in degrees.
- size: defines the distance from the center to the side of the arc in X and Y, and the total height of the arc in Z.
- shift: shift the arc (repeatable)
- shear: (repeatable)
- scale: defines the scale of the arc in x,y, and z, 1 is the default, lower values make it smaller (repeatable)
- spin angle: rotate the arc around a vector by angle. ONE of nx, ny, and nz should be 1, the others should be 0. (repeatable)
- phydrv: reference to a predefined physics driver.
- smoothbounce: defines that shot bounces use normals
- matref: reference to a predefined material.
The arc, by default, has the red brick wall texture on the sides, and the grey roofs of normal boxes on the top. However, using matref, one can change the appearance of the arc.
The arc object has been supported since BZFlag 2.0.0. In previous versions of BZFlag, this object will not work.