The arc object is a BZW object that defines an arc or cylinder in the game arena.
To place an arc into your map file, the following template is suggested:
arc name example_arc divisions 16 flatshading angle 360 ratio 1 position 0 0 0 rotation 0 size 10 10 10 shift 0 0 0 shear 0 0 0 scale 1 1 1 spin angle nx ny nz texsize -2.0 -2.0 -8.0 -8.0 phydrv physics_driver_name smoothbounce ## You can give the entire arc a single material with the lone 'matref' property, ## or you can give different parts different materials, as shown below matref material0 top matref material1 bottom matref material2 inside matref material3 outside matref material4 startside matref material5 endside matref material6 end
Valid parameters for an arc are
- defines the name of arc, often unused
- defines the number of subdivisions in the arc
- defines the use of flat shading, smooth is the default
- defines the sweep of the arc, 360 indicates a full circle
- defines the ratio to make a hollow arc, the parameter is (outrad - inrad) / outrad.
- defines the position of the arc in X-pos, Y-pos and the height of the arc in Z.
- defines a rotation around the Z axis for the arc, in degrees.
- defines the distance from the center to the side of the arc in X and Y, and the total height of the arc in Z.
- shift the arc (repeatable)
- defines the scale of the arc in x,y, and z, 1 is the default, lower values make it smaller (repeatable)
- spin angle
- rotate the arc around a vector by angle. ONE of nx, ny, and nz should be 1, the others should be 0. (repeatable)
- texture sizes, changes how the textures scale on the object. In 2.0.x standard boxes have "texsize -2.0 -2.0 -8.0 -8.0", in 3.0 boxes will have "texsize -8.0 -8.0 -8.0 -8.0" so choose the appropriate texsize if you want the arc(s) match the box(es) exact look.
- reference to a predefined physics driver.
- defines that shot bounces use normals
- reference to a predefined material.
The arc, by default, has the red brick wall texture on the sides, and the grey roof appearance of a normal box on the top. However, using matref one can change the appearance of the arc.
The arc object has been supported since BZFlag 2.0.0. In previous versions of BZFlag, this object will not work.