BZFlag on IRC
The freenode network is used for all IRC communications. Common channels include:
A web interface is provided to these channels at http://my.BZFlag.org/irc/irc.cgi
The #bzflag channel is the primary development and support channel. The major developers and many long time community members are users. Discussions in the channel range from development and coding discussions to technical support and bug reports. #bzflag is a great channel to discuss new features and bugs. The channel is moderated by the project administration and development staff.
The #bzchat channel is a more informal channel designated for player community discussions.
A number of players, servers, and leagues have their own channel for more focused discussion, some of these include:
- #bzfx (Support channel for the bzfs.net BZFlag servers)
- #dub (Support channel for the dub.bzflag.org BZFlag servers)
- ##ducleague (Support channel for Ducati League (DucLeague))
- #guleague (Support channel for GamesUnited League (GULeague))
- #hepcat (Support channel for borrego.hepcat.org BZFlag server)
- ##icf (Support channel for Insane Crazy Funsters, (GULeague))
- #forestforce (GULeague Team)
- #inleague (Support channel for InterNational League (INLeague))
- #norang (Support channel for bzflag.norang.ca BZFlag servers)
- ##openleague (Support channel for OpenLeague)
- #pillbox (Support channel for Pillbox League (PBLeague))
- ##planetmofo (Support channel for planet-mofo.com servers)
- #plosileague (Support channel for plosileague, website currently down)
- #silvercat (Support channel for Silvercat BZFlag servers)
- ##t42 (GULeague team)
- ##untamed (DUCLeague team)
To access the IRC network you need to use an IRC client, there are many IRC client softwares available for most operating systems.
http://irchelp.org/ is an excelent resource for more information on general IRC.
Web IRC Interface
The project provides a web based interface to the main IRC channels. These are intended mostly for tech support issues, and the web interface is limited in the number of channels it can access.