‘’’Castle Warfare’’’ is a 2 team (red vs. green) CTF map created by Duciwannatbe and hosted by Benfish.
Some main features of the map are listed here. The map is exactly symmetrical.
- Castles: These contain the team base and sniping areas. There are GM sniping areas on the first and second floors. The third floor is the team base and laser sniping area. There are two towers on each castle, accessed by teleporters on the first level. A narrow bridge connects the castles at the second floor. The third floor contains "battlements" to dodge behing in case of an incoming bullet.
- Pyramids: There are four pyramids on the ground to keep laser from ricocheting around too much.
- Central building: In the middle, it is a raised, roughly octagon shaped platform with walls placed at every diagonal, reaching down to the ground and rising above the platform. There are two closed-in tunnels under the platform for safer travel between the castles.
- Other objects: These include four raised platforms located in the corners of the map and two low walls with gaps in the middle and sides.
- Laser and Guided Missile: Laser is found most frequently on the third floor, with GM on the first and second floor, but they are still found in most places including on the ground. These are the most common superflags.
- Stealth and Cloaking: Found on the ground below the castles but still sometimes found on castles.
- Thief: Found in the middle, below central building.
- Shock Wave: Very rare, but most commonly found below castles.
The two main ways for destroying enemies is sniping from the team base castle. Another way is to get down to the ground, grab a Stealth flag, go through the tunnel, then jump up to the first or second floor of the enemy base and kill the sniping tanks. If you are lucky enough to get shockwave, go below the enemy base below enemy tank(s), jump and shoot. Don’t count on stealth to get shockwaves because shockwave is rare and random.
Most players that get the enemy flag go across the bridge, but the safest way is through the tunnel. Wings is useful for killing enemy GM snipers in towers. You have to identify players (pressing i) before you shoot a guided missile because it is unusually easy to shoot teammates instead of enemies.
Camping (spawn-camping, base-camping, etc) like in Bloodbath, is a part of the game. Here are a few tips:
After a teammate captures the flag, you can aim at the enemy base with laser to instantly kill the tanks that come out.
- Camping with a Stealth:
After you get a stealth, go to the enemy base and jump to the first or second floor, wait at one end and then kill any tanks that respawn there. Camping on the third floor is a bit hard because it is open, so you are more at risk of getting killed.
- Camping with a Shockwave:
After you get a shockwave, go below the enemy base, and fire. If you want to kill the enemies on all the levels (except towers) jump and then fire. You can only have three shots, so be careful not to waste them (or kill your teammates).
- Base camping:
Base camping at the enemy base is only useful when all enemies are away from the third floor and your team is about to capture the enemy flag. Otherwise, it is dangerous (to you) and ineffective.
On this server, '"excessive" spawn camping is not allowed. (Though it is rarely enforced, because it happens every time the flag is captured.)
3 shots between reload, 12 shots for laser, 15 shots for wings, unlimited GM shots, 2.0 seconds reload time, team killers are eventually kicked, lag and jitter not tolerated.