This page describes the development goals for the project. It is a set of desired features, problem areas, wishlist items that define the general direction that the developers feel the project should be taken in.
The list server that is in use now is considered by many to "suck". A new list server/authentication system that can work using some sort of distributed network system to allow for redundancy would be greatly desired.
Proposals have included:
- Re-writing the existing php list server to be more efficient.
- Using MYSQL syncing features to split up the server.
- Using LDAP for authentication
- Moving away from PHP/Apache to a real compiled daemon.
- moving away from HTTP to a more efficient TCP protocoll.
The current system of using phpbb to manage user groups is proving to be logisticaly dificult given the large number of servers and the groups that their server owners desire. A more user centric group management system would be a large help.
A full spec for the system can be found at Group Management System