The FlagStay plugin allows a mapmaker to specify the zone where they want a flag to remain. This is similar to a regular zone but with a FlagStayZone, the flags that are put in the zone may not leave the zone. This plugin may be useful so a player can't take a Guided Missile flag out of a tower or a ShockWave flag can't be taken into a base and camp there.
A box positioned at 50 50 0 with a rotation of 45 degrees that keeps GM and SW flags.
flagstayzone position 50 50 0 size 20 10 1 rotation 45 flag GM flag SW message "You are not allowed to this flag from this area." end
A cylinder that centered at position -50 50 0 with a radius of 20 and a height of 10 that keeps GM flags.
flagstayzone position -50 50 0 height 10 radius 20 flag GM message "You are not allowed to remove the GM flag." end
Loading the plug-in
To load plugin use: -loadplugin /path/to/flagStay.so
- As of BZFlag 2.4.3, the bbox and cylinder options have been deprecated in favor of using the position, size, height, and radius options in order to stay consistent with other map objects.
- For a cylinder FlagStayZone, the height attribute is the equivalent of the Z coordinate of the size of a rectangular zone
- The message attribute will be sent to the player when they leave a zone and their flag is taken; the quotes are required.
- The following abbreviations exist:
- position can be abbreviated to pos
- rotation can be abbreviated to rot
- radius can be abbreviated to rad