Links on places to get help with BZFlag
There are normally people in the #BZFlag channel on irc.freenode.net that can help live.
* http://my.BZFlag.org/irc/irc.cgi - web interface * http://irchelp.org/ - information on IRC
The official BZFlag forum:
The old forums are on SourceForge and less friendly:
* http://sourceforge.net/forum/?group_id=3248 - main page * http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=9554 - help forum
There are a number of BZFlag mailing lists. The best one for support questions is bzflag-user. Archives and subscription information can be found on the SourceForge BZFlag project mailing list page:
Some basic instructions:
* ListServer - using the ListServer for central registration. * ["CreatingAServer"] - starting a private or public server * SinglePlayerMode - running with bots on your own server * SquidProxy - a possible work around if you are getting central login tickets, but not logging into servers
* If your client crashes on startup or some keymappings dont work you might try removing your ConfigFile and starting again. You will have to set things like video mode and username/password again after removing it.
The man pages are online:
* bzflag - the game ("client") * bzadmin - a text-only client * bzfs - the server * bzw - the game map "world" file format"
If you can't find what you need above, you can open a support ticket