This article covers the basics of getting started with BZFlag.
Step 1 - Downloading and installing the game
To start playing, you obviously need to download the game, [[you can do so right here|Download]. Click on the link for your Operating System.
After BZFlag has completed downloading, you you can install the game.
- On Windows, it should appear in the start menu, under "BZFlag2.0.10", assuming you downloaded and installed 2.0.10.
- On OS X, you can click on the .dmg, and then drag the "BZFlag 2.0.10" icon into the applications folder
- On Linux, you can either build from the source, or your you can install a package. (On Debian based OSes, "apt-get install bzflag" installed version 2.0.8)
Step 2 - Registering your callsign
It is not mandatory to register your callsign, but it is recommended. Here are a few benefits to registering:
- Your callsign is reserved, no one can take it.
- Registering gives you an identity, so