Since BZFlag is a registered project with the Freenode IRC network, we are able to give you IRC cloaks (custom hostmasks) for the project.
They are available to developers, server owners, and players that have helped the project out or been affiliated for a significant time.
Cloaks must be requested with one of the project administrators (TimRiker, Blast007, and brlcad). It is the sole discretion of the project administrators on the use and distribution of cloaks.
They must (only) be requested in person on IRC. Do not send requests via BZBB or via E-mail. Send one of the project administrators a private message on IRC stating that you'd like to have a cloak and what you think that cloak should be.
Users that request cloaks must be registered on BZBB and have a valid E-Mail address attached to the name.
Users that have a BZFlag cloak must conduct themselves in a mature and civil manner at all times on Freenode. The cloak associates you as a representative of the project and your behavior should not reflect poorly upon the BZFlag community. Users that do not conduct themselves in a reasonable manner will have their cloaks removed.
All BZFlag cloaks follow a standard format. There are different cloaks available depending on the amount of involvement in the project.
- Long-time players in good standing can request a player cloak. Long-time means you've been playing for at least 6 months. You should have an established BZFlag callsign that you've been using over that timeframe.
- Users that are contributors to the project in additional ways.
- Server owners that run major servers that fully support global services, and promote good clean play can get a server owner cloak.
- Users that are developers (i.e., have commit access) can get a developer cloak.
- Project administrators are allowed a project admin cloak.
BZ_NAME is your registered BZBB username. Spaces or Underscores "_" will be removed from cloaks.
- Server Op