Welcome to the newly launched BZFlag Wiki. The number of articles is growing, but there is much more to do. Please see the section Things To Do at the bottom of this page if you would like to help. The intention of this site is to draw together all of the great information about BZFlag and BZFlag related items that is currently scattered in many different places. Bringing all of this information together will make it easier for people to understand and answer all of the questions they have about running a server (options, permissions, set-up, etc.), configuring their client, coding plug-ins, compiling the source code, and anything else they can think of. All are welcome to contribute and may edit most pages. With everyone's help we can make this site a great resource to the BZFlag community. Please remember the BZFlag Wiki's new motto, Be Bold (click the link for a full explanation of the motto), when editing articles.
If you are unsure of how to edit or add pages, there is always a link to the Help section on the links to the left no matter where you are on the site. Don't be shy; give editing the site a try and be proud of your contributions! You can edit whether or not you have an account created. The advantage of having an account is that you will be credited with the contribution on the History link/tab of the page. Please take a look at the Content Policy page for an overview of adding articles.
Google Summer of Code 2008
BZFlag is again participating as a mentor organization in the Google Summer of Code this year. For details, please see the 2008 Summer of Code wiki page. The following applications have been accepted:
- Enhanced Server Listing - David Sanders, mentored by Joseph Van Overberghe
- BZAuthd - Istvan Szakats, mentored by David Wollner
- Collision code modularization and transfer to server - Joshua Charles Bodine, mentored by Jeff Myers
- Creating and Implementing a libBZW - Luke Rewega, mentored by Daniel Remenak
- BZWGen revisited - Kornel Kisielewicz, mentored by Julio Jiménez Borreguero
- BZFWeb, a web-based BZFS admin interface - Harrison Reiser, mentored by James R Lawrence
Areas of Interest
- Map Making
Things To Do
- Stubs These are short pages. You can help by expanding the content and adding more detail.
- Wanted pages These are pages which don't exist yet but are pointed to from other pages. You can help by creating them.
- Pages to merge These are pages which are similar. It is suggested that similar pages be merged. You can help by reviewing the pairs of pages and commenting on any proposals by using the "Discussion" tab at the top of each page.
- Pages with old info You can help by updating these pages.
- Inaccurate pages You can help by updating these pages.
- Pending deletions These are pages which have been nominated for deletion. You can help by reviewing these pages and commenting on any proposals by using the "Discussion" tab at the top of each page.