Feel free to edit this page and add more BZFlag related links.
TimRiker adds: All distributed BZFlag binaries must comply with the BZFlag license and release the source code as well as the patches. Any changes are allowed including "cheat" clients, as long as they comply with the license. Please refrain from running "cheat" clients on servers where it is not explicitly allowed. Changing the base BZFlag protocol version number will let your modified client only work with others of it's kind.
- my.BZFlag.org/bb/ bzflag forum ('centrum')
- my.BZFlag.org - stats etc
- list.BZFlag.org stats on some of the BZFlag servers
- my.BZFlag.org/league/ bzflag leauge
- ladder.BZFlag.org/ bzflag ladder (Experimantal, and looks dead)
- Alex_Universe Forum Another Bzflag Forum + other things.
- BZRAND 6.3X random map maker for 1.x style
- BZCHECKER 1.X a map checker/validator can handle some 2.X stuff
- BZFlag Homepage in Austria
- BZFlag Forum for Austria
- bzflag.de - German bzflag Homepage with loads of information.
- silvercat Forums
- Shell Shock - News, The Map Factory, Guides, Cool Bits and 2 rotating game servers.
- BZFlag map editor in M2
- O'Reilly Network review
- Hell On Wheels
- Hell On Wheels Official Store Get your official HoW Thongs and Tees here
- Purple Panzer's BZFlag Page
- War Games
- T-Shirts and more? Now with Noodleman's O'REALLY shirt. More designs wanted. ;))
- Sourceforge project
- Phagozytose German BZFlag Clan
- The old unofficial forum
- The mailing lists
- Shell Shock
- The BZFlag Server GUI Project
- Sid6.7 Bzflag Worlds Website! BZflag help, IP cheater list and some links
- The Legendary Zeebrothers Server- & player-lists, Find your BZBuddies
- IRC #bzflag logs
- IRC logs
- Dutch BZFlag tutorial
- The official BZFlag manual pages online.
- Lots of bzflag screenshots
- strayers's testpage server- & player-stats, BZcomics & stuff...
- freeware software directory
- The 1vs1 BZFlag league - including monthly rankings, Hall of Fame and special tournaments
Here are sites that list BZFlag. Some are quite old references. Please email them and have them update the listings:
- http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley/9769/ babelfish it
- http://www.cybernetresources.com/content/bzflag.html Cybernet Resources BZFlag Review
- http://linux.ascii24.com/linux/allascii/linuxmag/articles/9910/p140-149.pdf Japanese Linux Magazine article in Oct 1999
Perhaps you'd like to view the other Battlezone stuff?
- Find a Project 2501 Work In Progress (A game in the spirit of BZFlag) preview here: http://www.wizards.de/~frank/project2501
Oh, and go add a rank here: http://happypenguin.org/show?BZFlag
And vote here: http://freshmeat.net/projects/bzflag/
Keen development tools:
- A realy nice CVS client for windows, http://www.tortoisecvs.org/
- A really nice CVS client for (nearly) all platforms (despite the "win" in the name): http://www.wincvs.org/
- Simple DirectMedia Layer (SDL) is used in the BZFlag CVS version: http://libsdl.org
- libcURL is used in the BZFlag CVS version: http://curl.haxx.se/
- GNU ADNS is used for server-side hostname bans: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ian/adns/
- A growing set of utilities for use in C++ programming, open source and will grow through user suggestions: http://sf.net/projects/cppdtk