Individual Player Scores
The image shows a typical scoreboard found in BZFlag on a Free For All server with the sort order (in options) set to Score. The scoreboard can be switched on and off using the "s" key. Note that the font in the image is not the default font - look here for ways of changing the default font. Reading from left to right:-
- Score of the player (kills - deaths).
- Number of times the player has made a kill on an enemy tank.
- Number of times the player had been killed.
- The number in square brackets shows the number of teammates the player has killed.
- The number of times you have killed that player.
- The number of times that player has killed you.
- The callsign registration status is denoted by (<blank>, "+", "-" or "@") and is described here.
- The callsign of the player.
- In brackets is the email address of the player, which only shows if not blank. This is sometimes set to the team of the player if they are in a league. Players often use the field for humourous comments (take care that rude or offensive content can earn you attention from the server administrator).
- If the player is carrying a flag, a flag ID will show separated by a forward slash.
The colour of each player's scoreboard entry shows to which team the player currently belongs. The users listed at the bottom are observers (could be waiting to join, or just... observing) and have no tank in play in the game. Observers can interact textually; they can send player or team messages and can issue server commands as permitted by their status.
Reading from left to right:-
- The total score of the team (wins - losses).
- The number of times players on the team have killed other players.
- The number of times players on the team been killed.
- The number of players on the team. The image shows 4 purples, 3 greens, 2 reds and 3 blues. Note that rogues and observers do not show here because neither is a team, in the BZFlag sense.