The sphere is a BZW Object that defines a sphere in the game arena.
This is a reference of all the options available in a sphere object with parameters.
sphere name OBJECT_NAME divisions 4 flatshading hemisphere position X Y Z size X Y Z radius RADIUS rotation ANGLE shift X Y Z scale X Y Z shear X Y Z spin ANGLE NORMAL_X NORMAL_Y NORMAL_Z phydrv PHYSICS_NAME smoothbounce matref MATERIAL_NAME end
Valid properties for a sphere are
- defines the name of the sphere, it is not required, and often unused
- defines the number of subdivisions (pieces) of the sphere
- enables flat shading, smooth shading is the default
- only draw the top half of the sphere
- defines the center point of the sphere
- defines the size of the sphere
- sets all size values to the same value
- defines rotation for the sphere
- shifts the sphere (repeatable)
- scales the sphere (repeatable)
- shears the sphere (repeatable)
- spins the sphere around vector n (repeatable)
- attaches a physics driver to the sphere
- makes ricochets use normals
- defines a material for the sphere to use
By default, the sphere is a perfect sphere, with a red brick texture around the outside. You can, however, make the sphere elongated on one side (just don't use the radius option).
The sphere object has been supported since BZFlag 2.0.0. In previous versions of BZFlag, this object will not work.