A Teleporter is a BZW map structure that defines a object which transports the user to another teleporter in a different part of the world/map.
The code for a teleporter object is as follows
teleporter name example_teleporter position 0.0 0.0 0.0 size 5 0.125 20 rotation 0.0 border 1.12 end
Valid parameters for a teleporter are
- name; defines a name for the teleport (2.0+ only). although rarely used, it proves helpful to use these for linking teleports.
- position; defines the center of the teleporter in X and Y and the bottom of the teleporter in Z.
- rotation; defines a rotation around the Z axis for the teleporter, in degrees.
- size; defines the distance from the center to the side of the teleporter in X and Y, and the total height of the teleporter in Z.
- border; defines the yellow caution border around the teleporter entry point.
Note: Teleporters are entered through Y. As such, it is recommended to keep Y fairly small (.125 works well). However, if Y is zero, it will cause BZFlag bugs. If you need to enter a teleport from X, rotating it 90 degrees is the suggested solution. Teleports are 2-sided, not 4.
Teleporters appear with a yellow/black caution texture on the outer border of the object and with a pulsing texture in the middle.
Supported by all known editors.