This wiki is archived and useful information is being migrated to the main bzflag.org website
A Teleporter is a BZW map structure that defines a object which transports the user to another teleporter in a different part of the world/map.
The code for a teleporter object is as follows
teleporter name example_teleporter position 0.0 0.0 0.0 size 5 0.125 20 rotation 0.0 border 1.12 end
Valid parameters for a teleporter are
- name: defines a name for the teleport (2.0+ only). although rarely used, it proves helpful to use these for linking teleports.
- position: defines the center of the teleporter in X and Y and the bottom of the teleporter in Z.
- rotation: defines a rotation around the Z axis for the teleporter, in degrees.
- size: defines the distance from the center to the side of the teleporter in X and Y, and the total height of the teleporter in Z.
- border: defines the yellow caution border around the teleporter entry point.
Note: Teleporters are entered through Y. As such, it is recommended to keep Y fairly small (.125 works well). However, if Y is zero, it will cause BZFlag bugs. If you need to enter a teleport from X, rotating it 90 degrees is the suggested solution. Teleports are 2-sided, not 4.
Teleporters appear with a yellow/black caution texture on the outer border of the object and with a pulsing texture in the middle.
The teleporters first appeared in BZFlag 1.0.0. In BZFlag 2.0.0, they were redesigned, introducing the name field, making link creation easier for designers.
Supported by all known editors.