A World object is a BZW map structure that defines various options for the map.
The code for a world object is as follows
world name example_world size 400.0 flagHeight 10.0 noWalls freeCtfSpawns end
Valid parameters for a world object are
- the name of the map, generally unused.
- the size of the outer world walls from the center of the map to each wall. The default is 400 world units, providing a world 800 units across.
- defines the height in Z of the standard flagpole.
- removes the default outer stone walls (as well as the invisible collision wall and the radar signature of the wall), from the map. This is different than "set _wallHeight 0", which leaves the radar alone.
- after a team-flag is captured, players spawn randomly, not at the base.
The world object can only be specified once in a map.
flagHeight defines the Z volume needed for flag spawns. Flags will never drop in an area unless there is flagHeight clearance in Z. This can be an issue with maps that use multiple objects "stacked" in Z
The world object was added in v1.10.
The world object is only fully supported by the BZWTools blender plug-in.